Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cups & Succulents Watercolor Card

The Cups & Succulents stamp set by Simon Says Stamp was calling out to me to be watercolored. First I started out with a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper and stamped the cup in Distress ink. I had to selectively ink the succulent & flower to get all of the colors that I wanted on one stamp. It's so much easier to do this with the mini Distress ink pads as opposed to the normal, bigger pads.


Then I took a clean, wet brush and spread the Distress ink throughout the stamped image to color it in. After it dried, I spritzed it with some water in a Mini-Mister just to move the color around even more and make it look a little more "watercolor-y" and messy. 
I then brushed some water around the cup and added some Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress ink to create the background. 
I flicked some of that blue Distress ink all over the card, then got out some Picket Fence Distress Paint and did the same thing.


Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (from the Hand Lettered Winter Wishes stamp set by SSS) in some VersaFine Onyx Black ink, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
For the finishing touch, I added a few white enamel dots from My Mind's Eye in a triangular pattern around the sentiment. I cut the panel down to a teeny bit smaller than 4.25" x 5.5" and adhered it to a card base made from Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock.
I love how this card came out- I think I'll start doing more watercoloring on cards.

Thanks for visiting!  :D <3

-Erica Miskel






Supplies:

  • Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock- SSS | IE
  • Hand Lettered Winter Wishes- SSS
  • Distress Ink in Pumice Stone- SSS | EH, Picked Raspberry- SSS | EH, Mowed Lawn- SSS | EH, Mustard Seed- SSS | EH, Tumbled Glass- SSS | EH, and Salty Ocean- SSS | EH
  • Distress Paint in Picket Fence- SSS | EH
  • VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink- SSS | EH
  • Simon Says Stamp Clear Embossing Powder- SSS
  • Fiskars Paper Trimmer- SSS | AZ
  • AdTech Adhesive- AZ
  • Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock- SSS
  • My Mind's Eye enamel dots- SSS
  • Sculpey Craft Sheet- AZ
  • Ranger Mini-Mister- SSS | EH
  • Artist's Loft brushes- M


No comments:

Post a Comment