The Cups & Succulents stamp set by Simon Says Stamp was calling out to me to be watercolored. First I started out with a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper and stamped the cup in Distress ink. I had to selectively ink the succulent & flower to get all of the colors that I wanted on one stamp. It's so much easier to do this with the mini Distress ink pads as opposed to the normal, bigger pads.
Then I took a clean, wet brush and spread the Distress ink throughout the stamped image to color it in. After it dried, I spritzed it with some water in a Mini-Mister just to move the color around even more and make it look a little more "watercolor-y" and messy.
I then brushed some water around the cup and added some Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress ink to create the background.
I flicked some of that blue Distress ink all over the card, then got out some Picket Fence Distress Paint and did the same thing.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (from the Hand Lettered Winter Wishes stamp set by SSS) in some VersaFine Onyx Black ink, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.For the finishing touch, I added a few white enamel dots from My Mind's Eye in a triangular pattern around the sentiment. I cut the panel down to a teeny bit smaller than 4.25" x 5.5" and adhered it to a card base made from Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock.
I love how this card came out- I think I'll start doing more watercoloring on cards.
Thanks for visiting! :D <3
- Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock- SSS | IE
- Hand Lettered Winter Wishes- SSS
- Distress Ink in Pumice Stone- SSS | EH, Picked Raspberry- SSS | EH, Mowed Lawn- SSS | EH, Mustard Seed- SSS | EH, Tumbled Glass- SSS | EH, and Salty Ocean- SSS | EH
- Distress Paint in Picket Fence- SSS | EH
- VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink- SSS | EH
- Simon Says Stamp Clear Embossing Powder- SSS
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer- SSS | AZ
- AdTech Adhesive- AZ
- Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock- SSS
- My Mind's Eye enamel dots- SSS
- Sculpey Craft Sheet- AZ
- Ranger Mini-Mister- SSS | EH
- Artist's Loft brushes- M