Sunday, September 14, 2014

Heat Embossing + Distress Inks

Hello! Thanks for visiting! I am starting this blog because I love papercrafting (and pretty much any other kind of crafting/design related stuff) and I was inspired by Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire. I love watching their videos and reading their blogs, so I thought I would start one of my own!


Today I made a thank you card for one of my co-workers using one of my favorite background stamps by Hero Arts.
I started out with a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of Strathmore watercolor paper and blended some Distress Inks onto it with a mini blending tool. The colors I used are Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Tumbled Glass, and Peacock Feathers. I'm loving the mini sized distress inks! Then I used an anti-static powder bag and rubbed it over the paper before stamping my background stamp onto it with some VersaMark ink. I spread some Charcoal embossing powder from Recollections over it. (Yeah I know, Recollections...but their embossing powders actually work really well for me) :)
I misted some water over the background to give it some water spots. 
The next step was to cut out the center of the paper with a Lawn Fawn Circle Stackables die. The "Thanks" die is also from Lawn Fawn. For that, I die cut the sentiment, then stuck it onto a piece of scrap paper with some removable adhesive. Then I inked up the die cut with some VersaMark ink, poured the same Charcoal embossing powder over it, and heat set it. To give my "Thanks" embellishment a little more dimension I used a technique that I saw Jennifer do in one of her videos: I put a couple layers of clear embossing powder over it instead of using Glossy Accents. I then adhered the embellishment to my background using Multi Medium Matte from Ranger. I added the panel with some foam tape to an A2 sized card made from Neenah Solar White 110 lb. cardstock.

I like how it came out. Clean and simple cards are my favorite! Thanks for reading! Hopefully I will have many more crafty blog posts to come. :)

-Erica




SUPPLIES
Distress Ink Pad Mini Kit #8
Distress Ink Pad Mini Kit #1
Mini Ink Blending Tool
Hero Arts Tiny Flags Background Stamp
Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks Die
3M Foam Tape

Recollections Anti-Static Bag

Martha Stewart Heat Tool

Ranger Multi Medium Matte

Neenah Solar White Cardstock 110lb


VersaMark Ink Pad
I couldn't find the Recollections Charcoal Embossing Powder, so I linked to some other black glittery embossing powder.
WOW! Black Twinkle Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Another absolutely clever card! I wanted to explore your blog after seeing your entry to our Simon Says Stamp challenge. You have a great eye for color and design. I also really like how you list your supplies and give such clear descriptions of your process. Great job on starting a blog! As far as I'm concerned, you're two for two on fabulous posts! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it! You're too sweet! :)

      Delete